Disposable products are fixtures of most birthday and backyard party scenes, but there are plenty of ways to reduce or replace these “convenient” plastics.
- Opt for reusable eco-friendly cutlery and dishes made from materials like bamboo
- Skip the balloons, confetti and plastic table cloths (these not only end up in the trash but pose risks to seabirds and marine life) opting for
- Consider asking for eco-friendly gifts or experiences to reduce unneeded plastic
- Skip the wrapping paper and gift bags altogether or use repurposed newsprint
- Instead of handing out loot bags and party favours wrapped in plastic, use recyclable paper or little glass mason jars
- While you’re at it, send invitations electronically and avoid plastic and paper waste!